Thursday, January 24, 2013

MAN-WICH !

Hello again my food friends!

Once in awhile I will get an e-mail about food that blows my mind. This was one of them. With the Super Bowl right around the corner why not try this sandwich of all sanwhiches if you dare!

Here you go:

                   The Absolute Ultimate 'Man Sandwich '


a loaf of hard crusted Italian bread,
3 rib eye steaks, 1 lb mushrooms, an onion,
swiss cheese, dijon or spicy mustard, horseradish,
Worcestershire, and some bacon.
First, hollow out bread...
Cook everything up
...try to leave the steaks a little rare as they will carry over cook a little more in the sandwich

Shove two of the steaks in the bread
Sauce the steak
I like to have two halves of the sandwich different so I use on one side thick Worcestershire sauce
and on the other half, Dijon mustard and horse radish
...a layer of Swiss cheese
 ...then try to stuff in as much of the mushroom and onion mixture as possible
...then the other steak along with the juices from the pan
...a little more sauce and then the mustard mix
...top off with more Swiss
put the top of the loaf back on
wrap in butcher paper
and wrap in foil
...put a heavy cutting board on top to squish it down
add more weight
...and wait ...and wait
Take weight off
...cut, serve and enjoy.

Is this an awesome idea or what! I will let you know as soon as I try it but if anyone out there has actually done this please let me know how it turned out.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment