Tuesday, January 8, 2013

TRADER JOE'S IS HERE!!!!

If you have spent any time traveling to certain locations you begin to make list of places to visit every time you go. Some people want to hit a certain boutique, restaurant or novelty store.


One of my favorite places to visit on the road was Trader Joe's: http://www.traderjoes.com/index.asp


It took me years of groveling but Utah has finally got one for themselves in Salt Lake. I have had the chance to visit their newest local a few times and as crazy as the crowds have been it is only a matter of time until they branch out along the Wasatch front.

If you haven't been to a Trader Joe's it is cross between Whole Foods and Paradise. Eighty percent of their products are unique to them as they have their own lable. They have great deli items, sauces, nuts, chips, crackers as well as a great floral section. It truly is a one stop shop for me.

A couple of my favorite items include their General Tso Stir Fry Sauce, whole roasted cashews, Basmati rice and stir fry veggies. All you need is a wok and some chicken, shrimp or strips of beef. Fry it up in a wok. Add the cashews and sauce and poor it over the rice and veggies. Truly emotional.

So please visit the location in Salt Lake and give yourself plenty of time to wander up and down the isles so you can see the variety of products. Let me know what you like so I can try some new ones as well.

You'll have my groveling to thank!

2 comments:

  1. I freaking love Trader Joes! My only disappointment with the Salt Lake store is that because of Utah law, they are forbidden from selling the awesome wine and beer that made their very existence and business model possible.

    Until the law is changed, I will continue to go out of my way to shop there for the great products they offer at awesome prices.

    I love their soups, chocolate snacks, and fresh meat & produce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right. Many of the associates I traveled with loved their 2 buck chuck as they called it and other spirits.

      Delete