Friday, March 11, 2011

DENVER, CO.

"That John Denver is full of @#%^!"

One of my all time favorite lines from Dumb & Dumber.

I love Denver. I have been out there over a dozen times and love that you can view all 4 major sports in one lo-cal. I first went out there in 95 to catch a Rockies game and of all of the baseball stadiums I've been to I think Coors Field is the most picturesque. The downtown skyline provides a beautiful backdrop from center field. I bought some street burritos before entering and was glad I did. YUM! Now onto the food.

For my business trips I stayed on Colorado Blvd so most of my recommendations are from this main artery in the city. In my 5 National favorites blog I already mentioned Cherry Creek Grill so I will not re-hash that here. So here are a few other favorites.

Ya Hala:   http://www.yahalagrill.com/index.html

This Syrian restaurant is awesome. I was turned onto this place on one of my last trips there by some employees at the bank I was working at. The menu is very Mediterranean. I went with the Hummus as an appetizer which was excellent. Very smooth and very tasty. I chickened out and went with the Chicken Kabob and I was very pleased with my choice. If the Kabobs are excellent its a great jumping off point to the rest of the menu. I didn't get the Baklava so I will get that when I go back and let you know how it is but their web-site says it's the best in the state. That statement might be over coined but I'll go with it.

Kona Grill:    http://www.konagrill.com/

First off I'm not that much of a Sushi guy. I know it's trendy and very business class but I think of it as a appetizer and not a meal. I'm also very pedestrian when I order Sushi. But this place has some of the best Sushi I've had. Go with the Fiery Shrimp Roll for some kick to wake up your taste buds. This is also the place I've had the best Pot Stickers I've ever had as well. They are chuck full of chicken and vegetables and I swear the sauce they give you to dip them in is illegal. My menu item of choice is the Macadamia Nut Chicken. A very tasty dish. It's in the Cherry Creek Mall shopping area so do the valet parking. Trust me.

Qudoba Mexican Grill:   http://www.qdoba.com/

This is a national chain everywhere but Utah so I have to mention it. Get the 3 Cheese Steak Nachos. You will not be disappointed. Their burritos are huge and delicious but a lot of places do a good burrito. I guess I might love it because we don't have it so absence must make the heart grow fonder. HA!

Asian Grill Mongolian BBQhttp://www.urbanspoon.com/r/17/210259/restaurant/Denver/Southeast-Denver/Asian-Grill-Mongolian-BBQ-Glendale

I've eaten a lot of Mongolian BBQ in my day and at a few locations throughout Denver but what separates this place is the variety. Lots of meats, tons of sauces and veggies. If you've never had MBBQ you have to try it. The flavors all mix together into a large bowl of heaven. My perfect sauce is 3 spoonfuls of Teriyaki, 1 Sechwan and 1 House. I like a little sweet and a little kick.

So go ahead and add these on your next visit to the Mile High city. It should give you some variety and some options.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment