Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sacramento, CA.

I want to start off telling you how bummed I was to hear the news of The Govenator and Maria Shriver splitting after 25 years. That's a long time to figure out you don't want to be with someone. Can't Republicans and Democrats ever get along??? This event started me thinking about the great city of Sacramento. When I would visit there during his terms in office I always thought I would run into him while eating downtown across from the capital. Never happened but to meet the Terminator would've been awesome. Plus my last name did not end with Conner so I was safe!

I think Sac town is one of the greatest cities out there. There Old Town area is one of the funnest areas to wander around in. It has one of the coolest costume shops you will ever visit. As well as lots of food choices. So sit back and enjoy while I take you around the city for some good eats.

 Rio City Cafe:     http://www.riocitycafe.com/menus/index.html

Located in Old Sac this place will transport you back in time. It sits right on the Sacramento river and has killer views all around. I usually start with the Ahi Nachos if there are a few of you. These will be like no nachos you have had before. The chips are wontons and the soy lime dressing is awesome. My menu item of choice is the Pacific Pasta. It is a mix of all that is sea worthy and works well together. The chipotle cream sauce is what makes this dish standout.

Dragon Palace:     http://www.yelp.com/biz/dragon-palace-chinese-restaurant-sacramento

This is a nice little Chinese restaurant on the north side of downtown and has excellent dishes. I usually go with the Cashew Chicken as the cashews are big and tasty. The Mongolian Beef and Spicy Shrimp are excellent as well. The food is very fresh tasting with sauces that are very unique. Some Chinese restaurants I've eaten at seem like they have one sauce  they use on every dish. They just swap out the ingredients is all. You won't find any carbon copy sauces here.

Malabar American Cooking:         http://www.malabaramericancooking.com/

This trendy restaurant has all of the good dishes you crave. Start with the Fire Roasted Stuffed Portabella mushrooms. Tons of flavor to kick your taste buds into high gear. I'm not that much of a salad guy and I think I've mentioned that before but the Thai Beef salad is awesome. It truly eats like a meal with tender beef, noodles, mixed greens and a killer chili lime dressing. For a main course I recommend the Shrimp Diablo. Again I look at most shrimp dishes as appetizers but this dish eats more like a steak dinner. The shrimp are heavily marinated which makes them wonderful to eat on there own. Finish it off with the Malabar Sundae as anything with toffee on it is for me.

Riverside Clubhouse:      http://www.riversideclubhouse.com/

If I were to re-do my house this is where I would start with ideas. This place is Chic. The food is great too. Go right for the Lobster Ravioli with Seared Prawns. TRUST ME! It is a great dish. I've been there with a group of about 6 before and they all loved their dishes. When you can get 6 thumbs up you know you have hit a jack pot.

So head out to this fine city soon and let me know what you like there as well. As Arnold would say

"I'll be back!"

No comments:

Post a Comment