Friday, June 22, 2012

Park City, UT

There is something about driving through Park City that just makes you feel well off. Even though I drive a 98 Sentra, I feel like my car looks better, the stereo sounds better, my cloths look better and I get the urge to buy some expensive art or invest in real estate. This place just seems to do that to me.

Not to mention when it is nearing 100 degrees outside here in the valley you can always count on Park City being 10 degrees cooler, which is nice.

A lot of people I talk too feel like they cannot eat there without spending a lot of money. While there are some very hi-end eateries, there are equally as many budget eats that are excellent.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Loco Lizard:     http://locolizardcantina.com/

If I'm craving Mexican food this is where I go. You can take the whole family and still have enough money for the Alpine slide. The Mole Amarillo is spicy but excellent. This is probably the 2nd best Mole I've had in Utah behind Red Iguana's. The Fish Taco's are a great choice and I recommend the Baja Halibut. To me halibut just makes a better fish taco as it's meatier. The Dulce de Leche Cheesecake is a great way to end you visit as it will be like no other dessert you've had.

Red Rock Junction:     http://www.redrockbrewing.com/

I've eaten at all of the Red Rock locations but there is something about being in Park City that makes this one stand out...probably due to the reasonable prices! As I've mentioned in previous posts bar type food has really come along way and no place typifies this better. I love the wood-fired Wild Mushroom pizza. Very different but very tasty. The Chinese Beef Salad is also a great choice for you salad eaters as I think I usually eat most of my wife's...bless her heart. If your not a drinker try their fresh brewed cream soda or root beer as either way you go you will be impressed.

Grub Steak Restaurant:     http://www.grubsteakrestaurant.com/home.html

I've eaten here a few times with different company functions and I always enjoy the food. There French Onion soup is a great place to start and is the best I've had in Park City. The sesame glaze on their Alaskan Halibut makes for a great fish choice but I always go for the 12oz New York Steak with the crushed peppercorn and sauteed onions. Try to go on the weekend as they will have live entertainment with some great local and national artists.

These are just a few of my favorites and with the Park City/Deer Valley area growing and adding new eats all the time there should never be a want for food. You don't have to wander to far off main street to find a place you will enjoy.

So go live life like a movie star for the day and escape the valley heat!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment